Chocolate-Zucchini Muffins with Walnuts
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3T light sour cream
- ½ t coarse salt
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, stir together butter, sugar, salt, and egg until combined. Add vanilla, zucchini, and sour cream and stir until incorporated. Mix flour and cocoa powder in separate bowl then mix into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spray two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Fill each cup with 2T batter. Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool. ENJOY!