I love anything pumpkin and enjoy experimenting with it in recipes. These pumpkin cookies were made with whole wheat flour and were deliciously soft and lightly sweet. I didn’t change much from the inspiration recipe, but lessened the sugar and didn’t add chocolate chips, although I’m sure they would have been delicious in them.
The only photo I got of them was in Cole’s lunch box. Maybe because the were so good we ate them up so fast!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup puréed pumpkin
2 T canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour- salt)
3. In separate mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (sugar-vanilla)
4. Pour wet ingredient into dry and mix until well combined
5. Scoop small tablespoonfuls onto lines baking sheet and place in oven
6. Bake for 15 minutes
7. Let cool & Enjoy!