I am always looking for new recipes for granola/oat bars that I can make and put in Cole’s daycare lunches or for him to eat at home for a snack. I like to switch things up so I’m not always making him the same ones. I found this recipe for Honey Almond Hazelnut Granola Bars. I used the basic ingredients and just switched around a few thing to adapt it to what I was looking for. They came out great! Both Cole & mumma approved. We hope your family will enjoy them as well.
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 apple, skinned & chopped (I used Macintosh)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine oats, wheat bran, cinnamon, walnuts in a bowl and stir until evenly distributed
3. Mix honey, canola oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
4. Pour honey mixture over dry mixture, stirring together thoroughly.
5, Add egg and stir to combine.
6. Add chopped apples and stir
7. Press mixture into the bottom of a small pan sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper
8. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool completely.
9. Cut into bars and Enjoy!
I need to get better about my food photography, but here is a mouth-watering cinnamony close up.