I have wanted to make homemade chicken nuggets for a while now and when thinking of heart-shaped food to make for Valentine’s Day, I figured it would be the perfect time. They were really easy to make and can be made the night before to stick in your kids lunch box or kept in the fridge and heated up for a quick meal. While the infamous McNugget contains a whopping 38 ingredients, this much healthier version only contains 4!
- All-natural Chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4T panko bread crumbs
- 1T parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with olive oil spray.
- Pound out chicken until about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut chicken into bit size pieces, or desired shape (I used a cookie cutter and paring knife to get heart shape)
- Dip each piece of chicken into the beaten egg
- Coat evenly in a mixture of panko and parmesan
- Lay coated nuggets on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, turn over and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through