We make muffins a lot so I am always trying new recipes. I think with the right ingredients, they are great for a quick morning breakfast with a piece of fruit and the mini ones are perfect as a snack or to add into kid’s lunch boxes. The original recipe was from here, but of course I had to make them even better!
- 3/4 cup of unpacked light brown sugar
- 1/4 c of butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of rolled or old fashion oats
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (I only had about 1/2 cup of plain, so I also used vanilla. I also think blueberry would work well)
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 T baking powder
1 t salt
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray or line muffin tins.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in the egg and blend well, then add in the oats, yogurt, and vanilla
- In separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg. Once combined, add to the wet mixture, but do not over mix
- Toss blueberries with 1 T of flour then add blueberries into batter and mix in by hand (the batter will be VERY thick)
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for about 14 minutes for mini muffins and 18-20 for regular muffins
Using fresh berries makes them ooze with blueberry goodness. Yummm!